Haresfield is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1558
Parishes adjacent to Haresfield
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARESFIELD, a parish and a sub-district in Wheatenhurst district, Gloucester. The parish lies on the Bristol and Gloucester railway, and on the Berkeley canal, 3 miles N of Stonehouse, and 4½ NW of Stroud; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Stonehouse. Acres, 2,155; of which 175 are water. Real property, £8,208; of which £2,501 are in the railway, and £300 in the canal. Pop., 612. Houses, 134. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Haresfield Court, belongs to John D. T. Niblett, Esq. An ancient camp is at Broad Ridge. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £260. Patron, John D. T. Niblett, Esq. The church is ancient; is supposed to have been built by the prior of Llanthony abbey; comprises nave, two chancels, and a porch, with tower and spire; and was recently repaired. Charities, £15. The sub-district contains eight parishes. Acres. 13,157. Pop., 3,314. Houses, 707.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Haresfield, 5 m. S.W. Gloucester. P. 576
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Wheatenhurst
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Gloucester
- Poor Law Union: Wheatenhurst
- Hundred: Whitstone (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury