Harescombe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1813 (Bishop's Transcripts: 1570)
Parishes adjacent to Harescombe
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARESCOMB, a parish in Wheatenhurst district, Gloucester; 2½ miles W by N of Painswick, and 3½ NNW of Stroud r. station. Post-town, Stroud, Gloucestershire. Acres, 478. Real property, £1,276. Pop., 138. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. Harescomb Court is the seat of W. C. Lucy, Esq. The land is mostly in pasture. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Pitchcomb, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £153. Patron, R. J. Purnell, Esq. The church is early English, in tolerable condition; and has a curious bell turret. Charities, £4.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Harescombe 1744 to 1812
Note. – The early Registers of Marriages in this and other parishes of small population in the vicinity of Gloucester, and formerly part of “The City and County of Gloucester”, are unfortunately missing.
Transcripts for certain years, however, are to be found in the Bishop’s Registry: the earliest date is 1569. These comprise the following years: - 1569-1578, 1610, 1617-8, 1622-5, 1628-9, 1632, 1638-9 (interval during the period of Civil Wars for which no transcripts are extant), 1672, 1679, 1680-3. It is hoped that at some future date it may be possible to print these transcripts.
Present Registers :-
1744-65. Period 21 years, marriages 31.
1766-91. 25 years, marriages 28.
1792-1814. 19 years, marriages 15.
These marriages have been extracted by the Rev. J. Melland Hall, the Rector of Harescombe, who has collated the proof with the Registers.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Wheatenhurst
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Gloucester
- Poor Law Union: Wheatenhurst
- Hundred: Dudstone and King's Barton
- Province: Canterbury