Gloucester St James is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1842 from Gloucester St Michael Ancient Parish, Gloucester St Mary de Lode Ancient Parish, Gloucester St Catherine Ancient Parish, Upton St Leonards Ecclesiastical Parish and Wotton Ville extra-parochial.
Other places in the parish include: Wotton Ville.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1843
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1843
- Gloucester St Michael
- Upton St Leonards
- Gloucester St Mary de Lode
- Gloucester South Hamlet
Civil Registration District: Gloucester
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Gloucester
Poor Law Union: Gloucester
Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton; Gloucester City