Gloucester South Hamlet is an extra-parochial place.
Parish registers begin:
Parishes adjacent to Gloucester South Hamlet
- Gloucester St Michael
- Gloucester St Mary de Crypt with All Saints and St Owen
- Gloucester St James
- Gloucester St Nicholas
- Gloucester St Mary de Lode
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HAMLET (South), an extra-parochial tract in the district and county of Gloucester; partly within Gloucester city. Real property, £1,409. Pop. in 1851, 739; in 1861, 2,248. Houses, 379. Pop. of the part in G. city, 1,634. Houses, 280.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Morris Robert, South Hamlet, Gloucestershire, corn factor, Jan. 28, 1834.
Wathen Chas. Iddols, South Hamlet, Gloucestershire, victualler, Oct. 20, 1829.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Gloucester
- Probate Court: Search the courts of the surrounding parishes
- Diocese: Not Applicable
- Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
- Poor Law Union: Gloucester
- Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
- Province: Canterbury