Frampton on Severn is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1625
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Frampton on Severn
- Moreton Valence
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FRAMPTON-UPON-SEVERN, a village, a parish, and a sub-district in Wheatenhurst district, Gloucester. The village stands near the Berkeley ship canal, 2¾ miles NW by W of Frocester r. station, and 6½ NNW of Dursley; and has a post office under Stonehouse. The parish comprises 2,360 acres of land, and 360 of water. Real property, £6,738; of which £869 are in the canal. Pop., 983. Houses, 223. The manor came into the possession of the Cliffords before the end of the 11th century; still remains theirs; and has a handsome mansion. Much of the land lies lower than high tides in the Severn, and is protected from inundation by a bulwark, called the Hock-Crib, constructed by the Earl of Berkeley. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £330. Patron, the Rev. E. Silver. The church was designed to be restored and enlarged in 1869. There are an Independent chapel, two public schools, and a literary institute. The sub-district contains six parishes. Acres, 11,314. Pop., 4,499. Houses, 1,014.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Frampton-on-Severn 1625-1812
Frampton-on-Severn Marriages 1800 to 1812
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Wheatenhurst
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Dursley
- Poor Law Union: Wheatenhurst
- Hundred: Whitstone (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury