Ebrington Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Ebrington is a township, village and parish, 1 mile from Campden station on the Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton railway, 31 from Gloucester, 7 from Evesham, and about 90 north-west of London, in the upper division of the Hundred of Kiftsgate, Gloucester and Bristol bishopric, Shipston-on-Stour Union.  The church is a stone building, with tower, aisles and chancel, and 6 bells.  The living is a vicarage, united with Mickleton, worth £100 per year; the Rev. William Thomas Hadow is the incumbent, and the Rev. Francis C. Walsh is curate.  The population, in 1851, was 475 in the tithing, and 594 in the township of Ebrington.  The acreage of the township is 2,867 acres, and the rateable value is £4,400.  Earl Fortescue is lord of the manor.

Hidcote Boyce, distant a mile and a half north, and Charingworth, a mile east, are hamlets to Ebrington.  The population of Hidcote Boyce is 119.
Hoarston is a farm.

Abbits Miss
Keyte Mrs. John
Walsh Rev. Francis C. (curate)

Baldwin John, miller
Beavington Richard, baker
Beavington Robert, farmer
Booker Francis, carpenter
Booker Joseph, carpenter
Booker Matthew, carpenter
Booker Matthew, wheelwright
Bridges Bartholomew, blacksmith
Coldicott William, veterinary surgeon
Jarvis Samuel, shopkeeper & shoemaker
Jarvis Thomas, shoemaker
Keyte Ann (Mrs.), ‘Ebrington Arms’
Keyte Samuel, farmer
Righton Samuel, farmer
Righton William, farmer
Righton William, wheelwright
Rimell William, farmer
Roberts Henry, farmer
Smith Timothy, farmer, Hoarston
Southam Thomas, farmer
Stanley Richard, farmer
Stanley William, farmer

Hidcote Boyce
Dee Miss

Crosley James, shopkeeper
Dee William, farmer
Fletcher Benjamin, farmer
Haines Thomas, carpenter
Righton Hannah (Mrs.), farmer
Righton James, farmer
Smith Charles, carpenter
Smith Thomas, shoemaker

Fletcher Jacob, farmer
Miles John, farmer
Potter William, farmer

Letters through Campden, which is also the nearest money order office.

Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol.  Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.