Alternative names: Easton, Lower Easton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EASTON, or Lower Easton, a chapelry in St. George and Stapleton parishes, Gloucester; on the Bristol and Gloucester railway, in the north-eastern vicinity of Bristol. It was constituted in 1848. Post town, Bristol. Pop., 2,939. Houses, 573. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Clifton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Bristol
- Poor Law Union: Clifton
- Hundred: Barton Regis
- Province: Canterbury