Down Hatherley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Hatherley-Down
Parish church: St. Mary and Corpus Christi
Parish registers begin: 1563
Hatherley-Down, a parish in the district and county of Gloucester; on a small affluent of the Severn, 3¾ miles NE by N of Gloucester city and r. station. Post town, Gloucester. Acres, 930. Real property, £1, 632. Pop., 192. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. Hatherley House is the seat of A. G. Jones, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £320. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt in 1860; and is in the early decorated English style. There are a national school, and charities £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Hatherly-Down, 2 miles N.E. Gloucester. P. 212
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.