Dodington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1575
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Table of Contents
- Parishes adjacent to Dodington
- Historical Descriptions
- Parish Records
Parishes adjacent to Dodington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DODINGTON, a parish in Chipping-Sodbury district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, at the head of the river Frome, 2½ miles SE of Chipping-Sodbury, and 4½ SE by E of Yate r. station. Post town, Chipping-Sodbury, under Chippenham. Acres, 1,473. Real property, £2,424. Pop., 126. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. Dodington House is the seat of Sir B. Codrington, Bart. Roman coins, urns, and other relics have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £199. Patron, Sir B. Codrington, Bart. The church is a neat Ionic edifice, built about 1810, and repaired in 1859.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Dodington, a parish in the hund. of Grumbald's-Ash, union of Chipping-Sodbury, county of Gloucester; 2½ miles south-east of Chipping-Sodbury, near the post-road from Bath to Farringdon. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £5 6s. 5½d.; gross income £214. Patron, in 1835, Sir C. B. Codrington, Bart. Acres 1,670. Houses 14. A. P. £2,538. Pop., in 1801, 95; in 1831, 113. Poor rates, in 1837, £181.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
- Hundred: Grumbald's Ash
- Province: Canterbury