Dean Forest Holy Trinity, Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Dean Forest Holy Trinity is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1817 from part of Forest of Dean extra-parochial.

The civil parish is known as Drybrook

Other places in the parish include: East Dean, Little Dean Walk;, Herberts Walk, and Blankney Walk.

Alternative names: Dry Brook, Drybrook

Status: Ecclesiastical Parish

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1817
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: None

Nonconformists include: Baptist, Bible Christian Methodist, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Independent/Congregational, and Wesleyan Methodist.

Parishes adjacent to Dean Forest Holy Trinity

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

DRYBROOK, a place near the mutual boundary of Gloucester and Hereford shires; 2 miles from Mitchel-dean, and 8 from Newnham. It has a post office under Newnham.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Administration

  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Westbury on Severn
  • Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Hereford, Post-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
  • Rural Deanery: Forest
  • Poor Law Union: Westbury on Severn
  • Hundred: St Briavels
  • Province: Canterbury