Compton Abdale is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Oswald
Parish registers begin: 1720
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Particular Baptist.
Compton-Abdale, 3½ miles N.W. Northleach. P. 260.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Compton-Abdale (St. Oswald), a parish , in the union of Northleach, hundred of Bradley, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 4 1⁄4 miles (W. N. W.) from Northleach; containing 260 inhabitants. The river Coln runs through the parish, which is well wooded. The living is a perpetual curacy, net income, £78; patrons and appropriators, Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church is a small ancient building.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.