Cold Ashton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Pensylvania.
Parish registers begin: 1734
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
Cold-Ashton, 1½ m. W. Marshfield. P. 414.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Ashton (Cold), a parish in the hund. of Pucklechurch, union of Chipping-Sodbury, Gloucestershire; 10¼ miles east by south of Bristol; 5 north of Bath. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Gloucester and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £17 1s. 8d.; gross income £492. Patron, in 1835, W. Batchellor. There are 2 day-schools here. Pop., in 1801, 224; in 1831, 322. Houses 68. Acres 2,310. A. P. £3,665. Poor rates, in 1837, £57.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Pensylvania, a hamlet in Cold Ashton parish, Gloucester; 2 miles SW of Marshfield.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].