Parish registers begin: 1845
Parishes adjacent to Coalpit Heath
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COALPIT-HEATH, a hamlet in Westerleigh parish, and a chapelry in Westerleigh and Frampton-Cotterell parishes, Gloucester. The hamlet lies near the Bristol and Gloucester railway, 2 miles SW of Yate r. station, and 3¼ WSW of Chipping-Sodbury; and has a post office under Bristol. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Pop., 1,828. Houses, 393. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
- Hundred: Pucklechurch
- Province: Canterbury