Clifford Chambers is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Clifford Chambers was transferred from Gloucestershire to Warwickshire in 1931.
Parish church: St Helen
Parish registers begin: 1538
Parishes adjacent to Clifford Chambers
Atherstone on Stour
Preston on Stour
Stratford on Avon
Weston on Avon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLIFFORD-CHAMBERS, a parish in the district of Stratford-on-Avon and county of Gloucester; on the Stratford railway, 2 miles S. of Stratford-on-Avon. It has a post office under Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 2, 500. Real property, £2, 843. Pop., 344. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £172. Patron, the Rev. T. G. Tyndall. The church has a Norman door, and is very good. Charities, £37.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol