Churcham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Bulley is a chapelry of Churcham.
Other places in the parish include: Over, Linton, and Highnam
Parish registers begin: 1541
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Churcham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHURCHAM, a village in Westbury-on-Severn district, and a parish in Westbury-on-Severn and Gloucester districts, Gloucestershire. The village stands near the river Severn, and the Gloucester and Hereford railway, 3¼ miles NE by E of Grange-Court r. station, and 4¼ W by S of Gloucester; and has a post office under Gloucester. The parish includes also the hamlets of Over, Linton, and Highnam. Acres, 4,264. Real property, £8,261. Pop., 1,002. Houses, 192. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Bulley, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £386. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is modern, and has a beautiful spire. The p. curacy of Highnam is separate. There are a Wesleyan chapel and national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Churcham, 4 m. S.E. Newent. P. 870
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Over, Linton, and Highnam
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Higham, Over, and Linton, hamlets in Churcham parish, county of Gloucester. Here is a daily school. Acres 2,100. Houses 65. A P. £3,532. Pop., in 1801, 202; in 1831, 327. Poor rates, in 1838, £75 8s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Westbury on Severn
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Forest
- Poor Law Union: Westbury on Severn
- Hundred: Dudstone and King's Barton; Westbury (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury