Charfield is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1587
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Charfield
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHARFIELD, a parish in Thornbury district, Gloucester; on an affluent of the Severn, and on the Gloucester and Bristol railway, under the Cotswolds, 2 miles N of Wickwar. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Wotton-under-Edge. Acres, 1,369. Real property, £3,977. Pop., 629. Houses, 137. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of G. and Bristol. Value, £351. Patron, Sir J. Neeld, Bart. The church is ancient and good. There are an Independent chapel and an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Charfield, 25 miles N. Chipping-Sodbury. P. 471
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Thornbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 - Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Thornbury
- Hundred: Grumbald's Ash
- Province: Canterbury