Brimscombe is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1840 from Minchinhampton Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1841
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Brimscombe
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRIMSCOMBE, a hamlet in Minchinhampton parish and a chapelry in Minchinhampton and Rodborough parishes, Gloucester. The hamlet stands adjacent to the Thames and Severn canal, and to the Great Western Union railway, 3 miles ESE of Stroud; and has a station on the railway, a post office under Stroud, and a hotel. The chapelry includes Chalford and other hamlets; and was constituted in 1840. Rated property, £4,869. Pop., 1,430. Houses, 322. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £300. Patron, D. Ricardo, Esq. The church was built in 1839. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Alder Anthony, Brimpscombe, Gloucestershire, cloth factor, March 16, 1841.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stroud
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Stroud
- Hundred: Longtree
- Province: Canterbury