Berkeley, Gloucestershire Family History
Berkeley is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Gloucestershire. Breadstone is a chapelry of Berkeley.
Other places in the parish include: Alkington, Ham, Ham and Stone, Stone, Hamfallow with Halmore and Wanswell, Hinton, Hinton with Purton, and Hamfallow.
Parish registers begin: 1562. Separate registers exist for Stone beginning in 1594.
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Berkeley
- North Nibley
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Thornbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Dursley
- Poor Law Union: Thornbury
- Hundred: Berkeley (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury