Amberley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1840 from Minchinhampton Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Littleworth, Theescombe, and St Cloe.
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin: 1837
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Amberley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
AMBERLEY, a hamlet in Minchinhampton parish, and a chapelry in Minchinhampton and Rodborough parishes, Gloucester. The hamlet stands near Nailsworth, 3 miles S of Stroud r. station; and its Post Town is Nailsworth under Stroud. The chapelry includes the hamlet, and was constituted in 1841. Pop., 1,438. Houses, 364. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £300.* Patron, D. Ricardo, Esq.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stroud
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Stroud
- Hundred: Longtree
- Province: Canterbury