White Colne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.

Alternative names:

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1558
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800

Nonconformists include: Baptist

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

COLNE-WHITE, a parish in Halstead district, Essex; on the river Colne and on the Colne-Valley railway, ½ a mile E of Colne r. station, and 4½ ESE of Halstead. Post town, Colne-Wakes, under Halstead. Acres, 1, 467. Real property, £2, 562. Pop., 400. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Whites. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £130. Patron, the Rev. G. J. Taylor. The church is good; and there is a Baptist chapel.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Directories

Poll Books

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Halstead
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 – Lexden, Post-1846 – Halstead
  • Poor Law Union: Halstead
  • Hundred: Lexden
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts