Vange is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
- Bowers Gifford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
VANGE, a parish in Billericay district, Essex; 1¾ mile WSW of Pitsea r. station. Post town, Horndon-on-the-Hill, under Romford. Acres, 2,250; of which 550 are water. Real property, £1,490. Pop., 160. Houses, 33. Little V. Hall is the seat of D. Morin, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £310. Patron, Major Spitty. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Benton William, Vange wharf, Essex, wharfinger, Dec. 14, 1827.
The following records are available free online.
Civil Registration District: Billericay
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Barstable, Post-1844 - Orsett
Poor Law Union: Billericay