Thorington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.

Alternative names: Thorrington

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1558
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

THORRINGTON, a parish in Tendring district, Essex; on the Tendring Hundred railway, 2 miles NE of Brightlingsea. It has a post-office under Colchester, and a r. station. Acres, 1,930. Real property, £2,125. Pop., 424. Houses, 94. T. Hall is the seat of W. S. Frost, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Frating. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Directories

Poll Books

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Tendring
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 – Tendring, Post-1846 – St Osyth
  • Poor Law Union: Tendring
  • Hundred: Tendring
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts