Theydon Bois is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.

Alternative names: Theyton, Thoydon Bois

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1717
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

THOYDON-BOIS, a parish in Epping district, Essex; on the river Roding, and on the London and Ongar railway, 3 miles S of Epping. It has a post-office, under Epping, and a r. station. Acres, 2,176. Real property, £3,384. Pop., 610. Houses, 125. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £166. Patron, R. W. H. Dare, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1852. There are a national school, four almshouses, and charities £20.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Directories

Poll Books

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Epping
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – Ongar, Post-1844 – Lambourne
  • Poor Law Union: Epping
  • Hundred: Ongar
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts