Stapleford Abbotts is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: Stapleford Abbots, Stapleford Rivers
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1630; 1800
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Lambourne with Abridge
- Stapleford Tawney
- Theydon Mount
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STAPLEFORD-ABBOTS, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; 5¼ miles N by W of Romford r. station. Post town, Romford. Acres, 2,331. Real property, £3,772. Pop., 502. Houses, 102. The property is much sub-divided. Albyns is the seat of W.Gellibrand, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £513. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but good. There are an endowed school with £25 a year, and charities £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Ongar
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Ongar, Post-1844 - Lambourne
- Poor Law Union: Ongar
- Hundred: Ongar
- Province: Canterbury