St Lawrence Newland is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.

Alternative names: Bradwell St Lawrence

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1704
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

LAWRENCE (ST.)-NEWLAND, a parish in Maldon district, Essex; on the estuary of the Blackwater, 8½ miles ESE of Maldon r. station. Post town, Tillingham, under Maldon. Acres, 2, 820; of which 740 are water. Real property, £2, 260. Pop., 184. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £557. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was reported in 1859 as very bad.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Directories

Poll Books

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Maldon
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Dengie
  • Poor Law Union: Maldon
  • Hundred: Dengie
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts