Runwell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RUNWELL, a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; on the river Crouch, 5 miles N by E of Pitsea r. station. Post-town, Chelmsford. Acres, 2,059. Real property, £2,641. Pop., 366. Houses, 70. The manor, with R. Hall, belongs to T. Kemble, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £570. Patron, the Rev. T. Knox. The church is later English and was recently restored. There is a day school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Chelmsford
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – Chelmsford, Post-1844 – Danbury
- Poor Law Union: Chelmsford
- Hundred: Chelmsford
- Province: Canterbury