Rickling is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1662
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629; 1800
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RICKLING, a parish in Saffron-Walden district, Essex; near the river Stort and near the London and Cambridge railway, 2½ miles SW of Newport r. station, and 6¾ N by E of Bishop-Stortford. Post-town, Newport, under Bishop-Stortford. Acres, 1,331. Real property, £2,260. Pop., 502. Houses, 103. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Col. Inglis. R. Hall is an ancient house. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £168. Patron, the Bishop of Rochester. The church is good. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Saffron Walden
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Newport
- Poor Law Union: Saffron Walden
- Hundred: Uttlesford
- Province: Canterbury