Ramsden Bellhouse is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: Ramsden Bell House, Ramsdon Bellhouse, Ramsden Heath
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1562
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Roman Catholic.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RAMSDEN-BELLHOUSE, a parish, with a village, in Billericay district, Essex; adjacent to the river Crouch, 2¾ miles E by S of Billericay, and 4¾ N by W of Pitsea r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Ramsden-Heath, under Ingatestone. Acres, 2,685. Real property, £2,917. Pop., 430. Houses, 102. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Stock-Harward, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower and spire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Billericay
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Barstable
- Poor Law Union: Billericay
- Hundred: Barstable
- Province: Canterbury