Mill Road, Mayland, Essex

Mayland is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.

Alternative names:

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1748
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800

Nonconformists include:

Table of Contents

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

MAYLAND, a parish in Maldon district, Essex; midway between the rivers Blackwater and Crouch, 6 ½ miles SE of Maldon r. station. Post town, Maldon. Acres, 2,030. Real property, £3,166. Pop., 225. Houses, 50. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to St. Bartholomew’s hospital, London. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value., £142. Patron, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London. The church was rebuilt in 1867, and is in the early English style. Bishop Ganden, the author or editor of part of “Eikon Basilike,” was a native.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Directories

Poll Books

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Maldon
  • Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Dengie
  • Poor Law Union: Maldon
  • Hundred: Dengie
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts