Marks Tey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Little Tey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARKS-TEY, a parish in Lexden district, Essex; on the Great Eastern railway, at the junction of the line forking to Sudbury and to Halstead, 5 miles W of Colchester. It has a station at the railway junction, and a post office under Colchester. Acres, 1,214. Real property, £2,120. Pop. in 1851, 437; in 1861, 396. Houses, 82. The property is subdivided. Marks-Tey Hall was an ancient moated mansion, and is now a farm-house. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £234. Patron, Balliol College, Oxford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Lexden
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - Lexden, Post-1846 - Halstead
- Poor Law Union: Lexden and Winstree
- Hundred: Lexden
- Province: Canterbury