Little Thurrock is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.

Alternative names: East Thurrock

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1654
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1813

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

THURROCK (Little), a parish in Orsett district, Essex; 1 mile E of Grays r. station. Post town, Grays, under Romford. Acres, 1,495; of which 160 are water. Real property, £2,708. Pop., 294. Houses, 66. T. Hall is the seat of T. W. Towson, Esq. There are chalk pits, and several remarkable chalk caves. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £523. Patrons, the Trustees of the late Rev. E. Bowlby. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Directories

Poll Books

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Orsett
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – Barstable, Post-1844 – Orsett
  • Poor Law Union: Orsett
  • Hundred: Barstable
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts