Little Parndon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.

Alternative names:

Parish church: St. Mary

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1621
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629; 1800

Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

PARNDON (Little), a parish in Epping district, Essex; on the river Stort and on the Eastern Counties railway, at the boundary with Cambridgeshire, 1 mile WSW of Burnt-Mill r. station, and 1½ N by E of Great Parndon village. Post-town, Harlow. Acres, 534. Real property, £977. Pop., 71. Houses, 16. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £245. Patron, Loftus Wigram Arkwright, Esq. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848

PARNDON, LITTLE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Epping, hundred of Harlow, S. division of Essex, 2¾ miles (W. by S.) from Harlow; containing 85 inhabitants. It comprises 534 acres, whereof 79 are common or waste land. The Eastern-Counties railway passes here. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king’s books at £6; net income, £160; patrons, certain Trustees. The church is a small edifice, beautifully situated near the river Stort, and consists of a nave and chancel, with a north aisle.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848

Parish Records

Directories

Poll Books

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Epping
  • Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Harlow
  • Poor Law Union: Epping
  • Hundred: Harlow
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts