Little Baddow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Other places in the parish include: Middlemead.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Woodham Walter
- Hatfield Peverel
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BADDOW (Little), a village and a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex. The village stands on a tributary of the Chelmer river, 2 miles S of the Eastern Counties railway, and 4 miles E by N of Chelmsford; and has a post office under Chelmsford. The parish includes also the hamlet of Middlemead. Acres, 2,779. Real property, £3,246. Pop., 605. Houses, 131. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £490. Patron, Lord Rayleigh. The church is good; and contains a costly and splendid monument to the memory of Sir Henry Mildmay, Bart., who died in 1639. There is an Independent chapel. Free schools here and at Boreham, founded in 1817 by Edward Butler, Esq., have an income of £200.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Baddow (Little), 3 m. S.E. Chelmsford. P. 562
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Barnard Elias, Little Baddow, Essex, cattle salesman, Feb. 27, 1835.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Chelmsford
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Chelmsford
- Poor Law Union: Chelmsford
- Hundred: Chelmsford
- Province: Canterbury