Liston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1599
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
- Long Melford, Suffolk
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LISTON, a parish in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; on the river Stour, at the boundary with Suffolk, 3 miles NNW of Sudbury r. station. Posttown, Sudbury. Acres, 631. Real property, £1,510. Pop., 95. Houses, 18. The manor belonged anciently to Hugh de Gournai and to the Listons. Liston Hall is the seat of Mrs. Thornhill. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £163. Patron, R. Lambert, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Baker Samuel, Liston, Essex, miller, Sept. 21, 1822.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Sudbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Hedingham
- Poor Law Union: Sudbury
- Hundred: Hinckford
- Province: Canterbury