Lamarsh Essex The Chestnuts

Lamarsh is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.

Alternative names:

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1555
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629; 1639; 1800

Nonconformists include:

Table of Contents

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

LAMARSH, a parish, with a village, in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; adjacent to the river Stour at the boundary with Suffolk, 2½ miles NW of Bures r. station, and 4 SSE of Sudbury. Post-town, Bures, under Colchester. Acres, 1,245. Real property, £2,447. Pop., 329. Houses, 75. The property is subdivided. Lamarsh Lodge is the seat of W. J. Parmenter, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £379. Patron, C. Teesdale, Esq., and another. The church has a round tower, and is tolerable.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Directories

Poll Books

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Sudbury
  • Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Hedingham
  • Poor Law Union: Sudbury
  • Hundred: Hinckford
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts