Kelvedon Hatch is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1807
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
- Stanford Rivers
- Stondon Massey
- High Ongar
- South Weald
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KELVEDON-HATCH, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; on the river Roding, 2 miles S by E of Chipping-Ongar r. station, and 5 NNW of Brentwood. It has a post office of the name of Kelvedon-Common, under Brentwood. Acres, 1,665. Real property, £2,655. Pop., 454. Houses, 88. The property is subdivided. Kelvedon Hall, a very fine mansion, is the seat of J. F. Wright, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £513. Patron, E. Slocock, Esq. The church is ancient but good; consists of nave and chancel, with a small spire; and contains monuments of the Luthers, the Wrights, and the Dolbys. A Roman Catholic chapel is attached to Kelvedon Hall. There are a parochial school, and charities £27.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Ongar
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Ongar, Post-1844 - Lambourne
- Poor Law Union: Ongar
- Hundred: Ongar
- Province: Canterbury