Turpins Cave, High Beech, Epping Forest, Essex 1913

High Beech is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Essex, created in 1836 from Waltham Abbey Ancient Parish.

Alternative names:

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1837
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1837

Nonconformists include:

Table of Contents

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

HIGH BEECH, a chapelry in Waltham Abbey parish, Essex; in Epping forest, 2 miles E of the boundary with Middlesex, and 3¼ SE of Waltham r. station. It was constituted in 1836; and its post town is Waltham Abbey, London N. Pop., 531. Houses, 96. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Rochcster. The church is modern.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Directories

Poll Books

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Edmonton
  • Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (London Division)
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Epping
  • Poor Law Union: Edmonton
  • Hundred: Waltham
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts