Farnham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629; 1800
- Little Hadham, Hertfordshire
- Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire
- Albury, Hertfordshire
- Stanstead Mountfitchet
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARNHAM, a parish in the district of Bishop-Stortford, and county of Essex; adjacent to the river Stort and to the boundary with Herts, 2 miles W by N of Stanstead r. station, and 2½ N of Bishop-Stortford. It has a post office under Bishop-Stortford. Acres, 1,966. Real property, £2,825. Pop., 556. Houses, 113. Farnham Hall is a principal residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £518. Patron, Trinity College, Oxford. The church is a low building, with a tower. An endowed school has £45; and other charities £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Bishops Stortford
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Newport
- Poor Law Union: Bishop’s Stortford
- Hundred: Clavering (Essex)
- Province: Canterbury