East Horndon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: East Thorndon
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1557
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
- Dunton Waylett
- West Horndon with Ingrave
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HORNDON (EAST), or EAST THORNDON, a parish in Billericay district, Essex; 3 miles SSE of Brentwood r. station, and 4 SW of Billericay. Post town, Brentwood. Acres, 1,477. Real property, £4,412. Pop., 475. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. Fowchers Heron manor belongs to George A. Lowndes, Esq.; and another manor, partly within the parish, belongs to Lord Petre. Remains exist of Heron Hall, an ancient seat of the Tyrrells. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £340. Patron, the Rev. John Pearson. The church is a brick building, ancient but good; and has a Norman font. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Billericay
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Barstable, Post-1844 - Billericay
- Poor Law Union: Billericay
- Hundred: Barstable
- Province: Canterbury