East Hanningfield is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
- West Hanningfield
- South Hanningfield
- Woodham Ferrers
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HANNINGFIELD (EAST), a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; 3½ miles N of the river Crouch, and 6 SE of Chelmsford r. station. Post town, Chelmsford. Acres, 2,446. Real property, £3,323. Pop., 453. Houses, 94. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Petre. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £417. Patron, Nottidge, Esq. The church is later English; and consists of nave, chancel, and north chapel, with a steeple. Charities, £13.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Vision of Britain historical maps
Civil Registration District: Chelmsford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Chelmsford, Post-1844 - Danbury
Poor Law Union: Chelmsford