East Donyland is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish church: St Lawrence
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1731
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1801
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Colchester St Giles
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DONYLAND (East), a parish in Lexden district, Essex; on the river Colne, at the influx of the river Roman, adjacent to the Wivenhoe railway, 3½ miles SSE of Colchester. It has a post office under Colchester. Acres, 1,067. Real property, £2,845. Pop., 1,052. Houses, 258. The property is much subdivided. Donyland Heath is a meet for the Essex and Suffolk hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £209. Patron, P. Havens, Esq. The church was built in 1838; a national school in 1863. Charities, £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Lexden
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - Lexden, Post-1846 - Mersea
- Poor Law Union: Lexden and Winstree
- Hundred: Lexden
- Province: Canterbury