Cranham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
- Great Warley
- North Ockendon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CRANHAM, a parish in Romford district, Essex; 3½ miles NE of Rainham r. station, and 4¼ SE by E of Romford. Post town, Upminster, under Romford, London, E. Acres, 1,875. Real property, £3,184. Pop., 385. Houses, 76. The property is much subdivided. Cranham Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £560. Patron, St. John’s College, Oxford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Romford
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Chafford
- Poor Law Union: Romford
- Hundred: Chafford
- Province: Canterbury