Corringham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
- Canvey Island
- Langdon Hills
- Bowers Gifford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CORRINGHAM, a parish in Orset district, Essex; on the river Thames above Canvey Island, and on the London and Southend railway, 2 miles NE of Stanford-le-Hope r. station, and 7½ S by E of Billericay. Post town, Stanford-le-Hope, under Romford, London E. Acres, 3,536, of which 680 are water. Real property, £3,729. Pop., 229. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £866. Patron, the Rev. S. S. Greatheed. The church has a Norman tower and two brasses; and is good. Charities, £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Orsett
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Barstable
- Poor Law Union: Orsett
- Hundred: Barstable
- Province: Canterbury