Cornish Hall End is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Essex, created in 1842 from Finchingfield, Birdbrook and Ridgewell Ancient Parishes.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1842
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1842
- Little Sampford
- Steeple Bumpstead
- Great Sampford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CORNISH-HALL-END, a chapelry in Finchingfield, Ridgwell, and Birdbrook parishes, Essex; 6 ½ miles W of Castle-Hedingham r. station, and 10 ESE of Saffron-Walden. It was constituted in 1842; and its post town is Finchingfield, under Braintree. Pop., 722. Houses, 156. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £100. Patron, the Bishop of Rochester.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Risbridge; Halstead; Braintree
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Middlesex (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Hedingham
- Poor Law Union: Halstead
- Hundred: Hinckford
- Province: Canterbury