Cold Norton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
- Stow Maries
- Woodham Ferrers
- North Fambridge
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLD-NORTON, a parish in Maldon district, Essex; 5 miles S of Maldon r. station. Post town, Maldon. Acres, 1,651. Real property, £1,670. Pop., 207. Houses, 46. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £328. Patron, the Charterhouse, London. The church was built in 1855.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Maldon
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Dengie, Post-1844 - Maldon
- Poor Law Union: Maldon
- Hundred: Dengie
- Province: Canterbury