Chrishall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1662
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1787
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- Ickleton, Cambridgeshire
- Barkway, Hertfordshire
- Great Chishill
- Barley, Hertfordshire
- Little Chishill
- Wendon Lofts
- Fowlmere, Cambridgeshire
- Duxford St John, Cambridgeshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHRISHALL, a parish in Saffron-Walden district, Essex; 4 miles W of Andley-End r. station, and 5½ W of Saffron-Walden. Post town, Elmdon, under Saffron-Walden. Acres, 2,690. Real property, £3,241. Pop., 643. Houses, 123. Part of the land is common. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £304. Patron, the Bishop of Rochester. The church has a canopied brass of the 14th century, and two other brasses.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Saffron Walden
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre- 1845 - None, Post 1844 - Saffron Walden
- Poor Law Union: Saffron Walden
- Hundred: Uttlesford
- Province: Canterbury