Childerditch is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish church: All Saints and St. Faith
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1537
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Presbyterian.
- Great Warley
- North Ockendon
- Little Warley
- West Horndon with Ingrave
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
CHILDERDITCH, a parish in the hundred of Chafford, county of Essex, 3 miles (S.S.E.) from Brentwood, containing 289 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Essex, and diocese of London, rated in the king’s books at £8. T. B. Bramston, Esq. was patron in 1805. The church is dedicated to All Saints and St. Faith.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
[Vision of Britain historical maps](https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/maps?layer=europe&xMin=3336069.78479&yMin=2777877.72161&xMax=3373069.78479&yMax=2814877.72161CHILDERDITCH, a parish in Billericay district, Essex; 2½ miles S by E of Brentwood r. station, and 6 SW of Billericay. Post town, Brentwood. Acres, , 614. Real property, £, 664. Pop., 239. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £160.* Patron, Lord Petre. The church Was reported in 1859 to need repair.)
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Billericay
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Chafford, Post-1844 - Billericay
- Poor Law Union: Billericay
- Hundred: Chafford
- Province: Canterbury