Chadwell St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: Chadwell, Chadwell St Mary’s
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
- Little Thurrock
- Gravesend St George
- West Tilbury
- Milton Holy Trinity
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHADWELL-ST. MARY, a parish in Orsett district, Essex; on the Thames, and on the Tilbury and Southend railway, 2 miles E of Grays r. station, and 2½ S of Orsett. Post Town, Grays, under Romford. Acres, 1,977; of which 160 are water. Real property, £2,946. Pop., 457. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. Chalk-caves occur here, called Daneholds and Cunobelin’s gold mines. Tilbury fort is partly within the border. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £427. Patron, the Rev. J. P. Herringham. The church is old but good. Charities, £12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Orsett
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Barstable, Post-1844 - Orsett
- Poor Law Union: Orsett
- Hundred: Barstable
- Province: Canterbury