Buttsbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1657
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUTTSBURY, a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; on the river Wid and on the Eastern Counties railway, 1½ mile SE of Ingatestone r. station, and 6½ SSW of Chelmsford. Post Town, Ingatestone. Acres, 2,116. Rated property, £2,079. Pop., 531. Houses, 109. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Ingatestone, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Chelmsford
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Chelmsford, Post-1844 - Ingatestone
- Poor Law Union: Chelmsford
- Hundred: Chelmsford
- Province: Canterbury