Bulphan is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: Bulpham
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1723
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1813
- East Horndon
- Horndon on the Hill
- North Ockendon
- Dunton Waylett
- Langdon Hills
- South Ockendon
- West Horndon with Ingrave
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BULPHAN, a parish in Orsett district, Essex; 3½ miles NW of Stanford-le-Hope r. station, and 6½ SSE of Brentwood. Post Town, Orsett, under Romford, London, E. Acres, 1,667. Real property, £2,212. Pop., 268. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £342. Patron, J. S. Hand, Esq. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Orsett
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Barstable, Post-1844 - Orsett
- Poor Law Union: Orsett
- Hundred: Barstable
- Province: Canterbury